CSV Importer Exporter G2
- Store Locator v4.0+ (Since CSV Importer / Exporter G2 v2.0)
- Addons Platform Lite
Quickly import and geocode as many locations as needed into your Store Locator's database from a spreadsheet (in CSV format) of locations.
Flexible in allowing you to match your spreadsheet's columns to the Store Locator's database fields during the import process. Also provides you a history of imports and the ability to undo imports if needed.
Features it has over the original version:
- Works with importing and exporting custom fields added to the database (created by the Custom Field Manager, for example)
- Choose whether to import your own coordinates (longitude, latitude) or let Google's geocoding API assign coordinates to each location during import.
- Keeps records/files of past imports (audit trail)
- Allows you to rollback (undo) past imports
- Provides a progress bar during import (appears to be dependent on server buffering properties)
- Import from and export map locations to CSV (comma-seperated value) file.
- The G2 edition now features an audit trail (a record of all of the your imports), a stored record of your import files, the ability to perform a rollback (undo) of past imports if needed
- Has the ability to bypass geocoding if importing coordinates -- makes for quicker imports if coordinates are already known
- Has an import status bar (nice for longer imports).
- Like the original, you still can conveniently upload a CSV file with columns in any order. Then, you can associate the proper columns to your Store Locator fields during the import process.
- Works with importing / exporting data from custom fields created that you may have created with the Custom Field Manager or by other addons
CSV Importer / Exporter G2 v2.0 and later:
Note: All addons marked v2.0 and later are now fully WordPress plugins and can be installed as such
- Upload the CSV Importer / Exporter G2 zip file (downloaded from your account page) via WP Admin > Plugins > Add New > click 'Upload Plugin' button
- Once upload is complete, turn on the addon using 'Activate' button (can also be done on WP Admin > Plugins page)
- Once turned on, you can validate the addon by submitting your purchase key under WP Admin > Store Locator > Addons > Settings
- Now you can then manage the addon's settings under WP Admin > Store Locator > Addons > Settings > CSV Importer / Exporter G2
- Perform CSV file uploads under WP Admin > Store Locator > Locations > Add
Before CSV Importer / Exporter G2 v2.0:
- Install via the Addons > Marketplace page (visible with Addons Platform installed & activated). It will automatically be installed in your /wp-content/uploads/sl-uploads/addons/ folder
- On Addons > Settings Activate using the same key that was used to activate the Addons Platform for that particular website