- 1 Description
- 2 Installation
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Tutorials
A store locator / location finder plugin focused on providing mapping tools for web designers & developers who create sites in Wordpress & web site owners needing to show important stores or any other type of location.
1. Upload the `store-locator` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
2. Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. Sign up for a Google Maps API Key for your domain at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html
4. Add your locations through the 'Add Locations' page in the Store Locator admin panel
5. Place the code '[STORE-LOCATOR]' (case-sensitive) in the body of a page or a post to display your store locator
1. Unzip & Upload the entire add-on folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/store-locator/addons` directory.
2. Activate the add-on by updating the Activation Key that you receive after purchase at the bottom of the "News & Upgrades" Page.
List of Current Addons
1. Unzip & Upload the entire theme folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/store-locator/themes` directory. Themes will show up under the "Map Designer" Tab.
List of Current Themes
1. Jack Black
2. Ever Clear
3. Silver Hawks
6. The Browns
1. There are some default icons in the `/wp-content/plugins/store-locator/icons` directory. Add your own custom icons in this directory to display them on the map.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a Google Account to use this store locator?
Yes, you will need a Google account in order to retrieve an API for your maps to work properly
1. To sign up for a Google Account, visit: https://www.google.com/accounts/
2. To sign up for a Google Maps API Key, visit: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html
How Do I use a Translation?
1. Place .po & .mo translation files into the `/wp-content/plugins/store-locator/languages` folder, and then change the `WPLANG` constant to the corresponding language abbreviation in the `wp-config.php` file in the root wordpress directory
2. Example: to use French, make sure `lol-fr_FR.po` & `lol-fr_FR.mo` are in the `languages` folder, then change make sure update the code in `wp-config.php` to read `define('WPLANG', 'fr_FR')`, and Voila, Il sera en francais (It will be in French).
Which countries is this compatible with?
This plugin is compatible with all countries that have Google Map domains. This includes:
- Austria (updated as of v1.2.28)
- Czech Republic
- Japan (updated as of v1.2.28)
- New Zealand
- Taiwan (updated as of v1.2.28)
- United Kingdom
- United States
Added (as of v1.2.28):
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Removed (as of v.1.2.28):
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (doesn't appear to be working anymore)